Monday, October 27, 2008

Good Things are Coming

I have been remiss, and I apologize, dear readers.
So many things have been happening and I will attempt to catch you up.

We have finally received our Not-For-Profit status. This means that the No Surrender Breast Cancer Foundation is now a reality. We have a lot of plans and it is very exciting.

The members of our forum and our regular visitors to our website and this blog know how I feel about pink ribbons. That is why we are going to change things. Our Foundation will make a real difference in the lives of every woman touched by breast cancer through eduction, emotional support and the empowerment of self-advocacy. But we won't stop there. Every donation will help run the site and forum and everything left over will go into a special account. This account is reserved for an underfunded researcher or scientist who is working on our cure right now.

Through careful consideration and a vote made by all the members of No Surrender, we will collectively decide which research project that shows the most promise, no matter what phase it is in, and our money will be donated to that project as a No Surrender Research Grant.

No longer will we lament where is our money going when we lick the lid of a Yoplait. Or how much of a percentage goes to breast cancer research from that Lean Cuisine we just bought. We will know that 100% will go directly to that lab. No middle man to take its cut. No corporation skimming off the top to enhance their pretty in pink marketing campaign. It is real and we can say WE contributed to eradicating breast cancer in our lifetime.

You will be seeing some changes as we grow. Our website and forum will be getting a facelift and made much more user friendly and I believe the technical term for it is snazzy.

I am grateful to each and every one of you for the support you have given me and the No Surrender set of ideals.

Together, we are going to beat breast cancer. And I can't think of anyone else I would want with me in the foxhole as we destroy the Beast forever.

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

2 comments:

Martha P. said...

This is sooooo exciting!
How do you do it all?
You are a true leader in the fight against breast cancer. I am glad you are on our side!!
Can anyone vote for the research project?
When will the first one be picked?
Can't wait to see what all you will do. Count me in!
Martha P.

Anonymous said...

Gina - you know how I feel about this ... I think its' FABULOUS!! You have such leadership and vision ... and I'm happy to be part of your team!
Doreen