Saturday, December 15, 2007

Lisa, Sweet Lisa

I've lost a friend today. We all have. For Lisa was a friend like no other. She was as gentle and kind as anyone could ever be. She was brave and strong and she tried so hard. She fought for so long, with all her heart.

I cannot fathom how this has happened to her, to her beloved Kirk and her beautiful children who she worried so much about leaving behind.

Lisa said she would do anything - any treatment they could give her - if it meant she could be their mom longer.
And she did.

Lisa, I am going to miss you so much. You did not fail - medicine failed you. No one could have fought harder than you
or with such grace and dignity. Lauren, Kyra and Jake will be OK. You did a wonderful job raising them and Kirk is such a dear and caring father, he will make sure your legacy of love, faith and generosity of the heart lives on in them.

Thank you for the kindness, the laughter and the love you showed me. Thank you for being so supportive to so many. Thank you for being my friend. We will meet again and when that day comes, I will hug you and tell you how very much you meant to all of us here on earth.


I will never forget you my sweet friend.


Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glint on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,

I am the swift, uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circling flight.

I am the soft starlight at night.

I am the song that will never end.

I am the love of family and friend.

I am the child who has come to rest

In the arms of the Father who knows him best.

When you see the sunset fair,

I am the scented evening air.

I am the joy of a task well done.

I am the glow of the setting sun.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there, I do not sleep.

Do not stand at my grave and cry.

I am not there, I did not die!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soar Sweetheart soar!!

Love deese

Janis (Fitztwins) said...

Damn cancer. A beautiful tribute to a wonder lady. I fully understand her fear of living children behind.

Jenster said...

I'm so sorry for all those she left behind.

Like Janis said - damn cancer.