Sunday, November 18, 2007

What is wrong with the doll?


It is getting to be that time of the year again. And along with the holidays we are once again faced with the question that has plagued an entire generation of kids- What is wrong with the doll on the Island of Misfit Toys?

She has two legs, two arms, two pigtails, a cute face and outfit. She isn't a train with square wheels- or a water pistol that shoots jelly, I mean, come on, we all KNOW why they are there. But the doll?

I would have been happy with that doll if Santa brought her to me. I am sure my main doll, Gigi, would have said there was room enough for her on my twin bed. Lots of kids would want her. Why is she stuck with the mutant toys on that weird island run by a flying lion? Anyone ever ask just how normal it is to have an entire island run by a flying lion??

I feel like that doll inside. I feel there is nothing wrong with me. I think that I should be accepted and loved for who I am. I didn't ask to get a one way ticket to Cancerland. I want Rudolph to grab Yukon Cornelius and Dennis and come save me from this place. In fact, there are a lot of beautiful dolls here banished for no reason. Cancerland doesn't even have a Flying Lion running the joint.

Dolls of the world! Unite! Let us set sail out of Cancerland and reclaim our lives! There is nothing wrong with us inside. And we deserve a chance just like all the others.

This Christmas eve I am going to listen really hard. I will look for the red nose guiding Santa to get me the hell out of here.

I believe.
I believe.

3 comments:

KathyH said...

I believe too.
I believe too.
I believe too.

Thanks for this.
You have the gift, child.
Kathy

Sam said...

I don't know how many times I have asked that question over the years! And now, I totally agree and believe in what you wrote here. I will be asking Santa for quite a bit this year!

Sam

Anonymous said...

Where do I sign up?
FREE THE DOLL!
FREE ALL US DOLLS OF THE WORLD!

U rock NS!