Monday, July 30, 2007

Special Honor

Over the weekend I was honored with a blogger reflection award.
It was given to me by one of the most compassionate and loving people I know.
She also has taught me a lot about strength. I watched her go through her cancer treatments and she was always looking for the light and never let the worst of that horrible time get to her. Now that I am in treatment again, I look to her example that she set for me in 2005. Her name is Jen and she is a wonderful writer. I have to return the honor to her as well. Because her blog, and her loving spirit have moved me more that I can say. This is where you can find her wonderful writing http://jenstersmusings.blogspot.com/

Thank you Jen.

About the Award- it took me a couple of days to properly reflect on bloggers who have touched me. Here now are my special choices.

First, here are the award details:

This award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who, when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy… of knowing them and being blessed by them.


Here are the rules:

1. Copy this set of rules.
2. Reflect on five bloggers and write a least a paragraph about each one.
3. Make sure you link this post so others can read it and the rules.
4. Go leave your chosen bloggers a comment and let them know they’ve been given the award.
5. Put the award icon on your site.

Now is the really hard part - picking five other bloggers for this award. It’s not that there isn’t a plethora of deserving people. It’s that there are so many to choose from. Decisiveness isn’t one of my strong suits. But I have chosen five bloggers who, to me, embody the concepts of the Blogger Reflection Award.

Jacque is a woman I have met through this blog and also someone I have seen post on breastcancer.org. She is a warm and giving person. She is going through a lot right now, but manages to always be there for people who need a helping hand or a word of encouragement.
I am grateful I have had the chance to get to know this exceptional woman.
This is her blog: http://jacqnielsplace.blogspot.com/

Kelly is my long lost sister who I never knew existed until I started this blog. She and I have so many things in common, and she just "gets" me. She is beautiful both inside and out and is unfairly having to fight the Beast yet again. But she lives a life that keeps the Beast away and lives in the moment. She has many friends and is a good friend to many. I am so happy I have met her - she is a wonderful, insightful, and fun person- I wish I had her sparkle! This is her blog: http://www.keepingtrackofkelly.blogspot.com/

Deb is my hero. We have been through a lot together on breastcancer.org and she has shown me what kind of person I wish I could be more like. When you think of Deb you instantly smile. JOY surrounds her. Love flows from her. Her heart is huge and she gives love and hope to many. I cannot imagine my life without Deb in it. Here is her blog: http://glassylady41.spaces.live.com/

Dana is another dear sister who I met in 2005. She started a thread at breastcancer.org as a support group for all the girls going through chemo that June. I piped in from time to time to give them some of my experiences from my days in chemo. She welcomed me and made me feel like so much a part of the group that I stayed with them- the Junesterettes- til they were finished. She is a wonderful writer, a gifted artist and a true friend. She is there for everyone and always has a smile and a word of encouragement. Her blog is http://danahollis.blogspot.com/

Stephanie is a fellow tripneg sister. She has endured more than anyone should ever have to. She is going through a particularly difficult time right now but somehow she STILL has time to reach out to others and offer her loving support. She is also incredibly smart. She keeps up with all the latest research and takes care of her other tripneg sisters by always sharing what she has learned. She is a beautiful woman with gorgeous children. The way she expresses her faith has lifted me up so many times and she has sustained me in my times of crisis. I am honored to know her. This is her blog: http://stephaniebabbsplace.blogspot.com/

I would like to add so many more people, but want to stick to the rules here.

I am honored to be among you.

Thank you my sisters.

6 comments:

danahollis said...

Oh... wow... a speechless moment! LOL... they don't happen too often. ;)

What a special and thoughtful honor! Thank you for thinking of me. I'm glad that you "feel the love" I send your way! You are one awesome chick!

(I'll start thinking about my list.)

Hugs,
Dana

Deb said...

Gina-

You are SO sweet and I am truly honored! I need to think long and hard about this one.....who will I pick :)

Hand in there...October is coming. We will say a special prayer for you at Pinkstock :)

Deb C

Jacqniel said...

Thanks so much for the nod.
I do so enjoy your blog - you have such great insight. I am looking forward to following your nominees, now, too!
Hugs, Jacque

Kelly said...

Awwww....I feel so special to be included with you, Jen, and the other 4 amazing women you chose to highlight.

Thank you for honoring me with YOUR presence and support!

We're all in this thing together and I can't tell you how much silent strength that gives me each and every day.

Hugs & Love,
~K

Jenster said...

Thank you for YOUR kind words, Gina! You were the first person I thought of when I got the award. :o)

Dana's my fellow Junester and I love what you said about her. Such a sweet spirit!

The other ladies I'll have to check out. :o)

Jen

Deese said...

Wow Wow Wow!!! I can't begin to tell you how much Dana and Jen helped me!!! Pretty sure they don't even know.
All my heart you guys,
Thanks