Wednesday, February 7, 2007

It's BAAAAACK!

Okay... Okay... Okay ....

Ya know the thing they tell you about reaching the five years and you can exhale again??? Guess what? It is a bunch of crap. I reached my five year mark on September 6th, 2001.

Today, February 7th, 2007 IT CAME BACK.

I have three tumors in the other breast. ALL cancer.
It looks like a new primary which is good. But I will need chemo and a bilateral mastectomy which isn't so good.

So I wrote a letter to cancer. Quoted The Untouchables again too!

How am I going to do this? One step at a time. It is the only way.

here is my letter:

To: Cancer
From: Me

Hey Cancer-

Yeah, YOU.

I hear you are nosing around looking to take another spin around the chromosomal dance floor with me again.

Are you sure you want to do it?

I beat you once. And that was when I didn’t know anything.

Now I know you. I know all your sneaky ways and all the little tricks you have up your sleeve…

And you still want to take me on?

Just what part of “NoSurrender” do you not understand?

I am ready for you and I am not afraid of you.

I used to be.

No more.

Now I am good and mad.

And I will beat you again and again and again- no matter how many times you try to cut in on my slow, long, beautiful dance with Ned.

Take my advice, stop messing with my sisters too.

We have had enough.

And we are all good and mad.

YOU don’t stand a chance.

Bring it on cancer.

I am ready for you.

I guess you don’t go to the movies much- If you want to know what you are up against, Cancer, watch The Untouchables….

Lesson #1:

“Never stop, never stop fighting till the fight is done.

and

Lesson #2 :

“One more thing, you have an all out prize fight, you wait until the fight is over, one guy is left standing. And that's how you know who won.“

I plan to be the one left standing….

Thus endeth the lesson.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Screw the 5 year thing. My 5 year anniversary was July 2005 and mine came back in May 2006.

At least we got those years. But I'm with you...I want MORE!!!